Photo above: Marshall Arts at 639 Marshall in the Edge
Five Favorite Things about Downtown in August :
1. Observing the influx of tourists from all over the world in town for Elvis Week.
2. Seeing how many European men walk around in "capri" pants. They are really just short cargo pants, but still.
3. Hearing many different languages because of #1. I went to Starbucks next to the Westin to get out of the house to study French. While there 3 French guys, seeing my notebook, asked me if I speak French. I choked and blathered on in English about how I was studying and trying to learn it. I'm a chicken, I know. Note: They were not wearing cargo capris. Also, last night on the late night Poppy walk, a huge group of Italians sauntered by remarking on my "cane" = dog in Italian.
4. Seeing lots of Elvis-ey looking get ups. Some people are blatant and try to do a full on Elvis Look while others just display touches of Elvis. The sideburns or the sunglasses or the cuffed Levi's, etc... There are also tons of glittery Elvis purses and tote bags out and about.
5. A sharp increase in people stopping me to ask "Where is the Rendezvous?"